We're doing our part to reduce the spread of infectious disease!
Based on suggestions from the CDC and The National Association of Senior Move Managers, Designing Moves LLC has instituted procedures to reduce the possibility of sharing or spreading infectious diseases, including Coronavirus (COVID-19). All employees are trained to these procedures prior to working with clients, communities, and resources.
These measures include guidelines not only for our own team members, but also for our clients and their family members, and for the communities that we serve. Resources such as movers are also expected to follow these procedures. We recognize that everyone must be on board and following appropriate techniques to remain healthy and safe.
Protocols for our team include (but are not limited to):
- Practice appropriate hygiene everywhere – including our office and vehicles, our clients’ homes, and senior living communities.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water, and use hand sanitizer when water is not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or elbow.
- Remain a distance of at least six feet away from others.
- Wear a face shield or mask when others are present.
- Avoid touching common surfaces such as door handles, light switches, hand rails, etc. whenever possible.
- Employees will monitor their temperatures on a daily basis. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 F or higher or who is feeling unwell will refrain from working with others.
Clients and communities are notified in advance of the procedures they should follow. These actions include wearing a mask around our team and notifying us prior to our appointments with them if the client is feeling unwell. We have a written document we share with clients prior to working with them to make sure our expectations are clear.
Our team is also prepared to follow any procedures that communities and clients have determined to be important to them.
Please be sure to contact us at 319-377-6891 should you wish to see more detailed information or if you have any questions.